Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Wolf, The Goat and The Cabbages

Yoshida (105/March)
I think the story "The Wolf, The Goat and The Cabbages" is very interesting because it teaches one to think very carefully. If you choose the wrong way, one will be eaten by the others. There are some rules you have to follow. You could only take one person or one load of goods at a time. However, the wolf will eat the goat. On the other hand, if you opt for the other choice, the goat will eat the cabbages too. Therefore, you have to think very carefully when you want to make your decision.
Derek Tan (105/March)
After I had read through this story, I found that it is an interesting passage. This story talks about a man who made his living by ferrying people and their goods across a river .One day he was asked to deliver a wolf ,a goat and cabbages across a river .The difficulty of delivering these three things is that the man cannot leave the wolf and the goat together alone or the goat and cabbages together alone .However after thinking a long time, I still couldn't find a solution. When I saw the answer ,I realized that I was so stupid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teoh,
I have seen this story before. This story let us think about the end.
But, this story is too easy to read although story is quiet interesting.